Video Cloud Streaming – What It Is & Why You Need To Know In 2023?
As the popularity of video streaming businesses continues to rise, corporate entities are actively seeking reliable, secure, and scalable cloud video streaming solutions. With a robust video hosting infrastructure, brands can now focus on delivering high-quality video content without the technical challenges that may arise. We provide video on demand solution in India & white label OTT platform
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has led to a surge in content consumption worldwide. Consequently, numerous companies are launching and expanding their cloud video services on a daily basis. This trend can be attributed to a key factor: the consolidation of vast amounts of data into a single physical infrastructure, made possible by the ubiquity of internet connectivity. Cloud video streaming plays a crucial role in saving costs associated with equipment and providing enhanced convenience for end users.
In this article, we will explore the concept of cloud video streaming, its functioning, and highlight its important advantages. Additionally, we will discuss the essential features required for an effective cloud video streaming service.
What is Cloud Video Streaming? Cloud-based video streaming, simply put, is a technology that enables users to consume digital video content over the internet without the need to download it beforehand. Users create and upload video content to the cloud servers of a network provider, where it is encoded into a suitable format for live or on-demand viewing by audiences worldwide. We provide video on demand solution in India
Cloud streaming facilitates high-quality video delivery at a significantly lower cost compared to traditional methods. Consequently, businesses and individuals are increasingly turning to cloud streaming to share their content with a global audience.
Considering Cloud Video Streaming for Your Business? Speak to Our Experts Typically, businesses leverage cloud video streaming to upload and broadcast videos on a larger scale. By employing cloud streaming solutions, they can streamline the distribution of video content, reduce costs, ensure smooth playback through transcoding and Content Delivery Network (CDN) management, and enhance video security. We provide white label OTT platform
How Does Cloud-Based Video Streaming Work? Advanced cloud streaming relies on a network of cloud servers dedicated to hosting video files that are promptly delivered to viewers. When broadcasters upload files to cloud video streaming servers, cutting-edge streaming technology encodes and transcodes the files into multiple formats suitable for distribution and playback.
Cloud video streams are created through a crucial process called video transcoding, which generates multiple renditions of a video file without compromising its quality. This ensures that the content can be shared across devices used by the audience.
With cloud-based video streaming, content owners can quickly host their videos, store them securely, and stream them on-demand or for live events, catering to the viewers’ consumption preferences.
Furthermore, let’s explore the benefits of cloud video streaming:
Advantages of Cloud Video Streaming
As cloud video streaming gains popularity, many small and medium-sized businesses are venturing into streaming services to capitalize on their potential. Seamless video delivery becomes crucial in this context. However, not every provider needs to build a sophisticated infrastructure from scratch. Cloud-based streaming platforms serve as valuable assets for such businesses.
Let’s examine how cloud video streaming facilitates the management of large volumes of content for seamless delivery. Here are some reasons to accelerate your streaming success:
- Cost-Friendly: Cloud streaming solutions require investments primarily in storage and bandwidth requirements. Compared to upfront capital investments, cloud streaming allows businesses to manage expenses more effectively.
- Greater Accessibility: The target audience can conveniently access video content from any location with a stable internet connection. These platforms ensure easy accessibility to videos, whether from the workplace or while on the go.
- Elimination of Individual Infrastructure: There is no need to create an in-house hardware infrastructure or server for storage purposes. Depending on business needs, streaming services can be launched within hours or days using cloud interfaces.
- Scalability: Cloud-based video platforms provide the advantage of scaling resources, including increased bandwidth, to improve streaming performance and enhance the viewing experience. As businesses grow, additional storage and features can be easily leveraged.
- Unlimited Storage Capacities: Cloud streaming platforms offer the potential to store unlimited data in a cost-effective manner. Additional storage features include content scheduling, bulk uploading, and archived assets, which transform data storage into a virtually limitless resource.
- Top-level Security: Cloud streaming incorporates various security compliances to protect valuable content. Features such as AES video encryption, Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection, and access control against unauthorized users ensure robust content security.
- Seamless Continuity: Cloud-based video streaming services require the conversion of original content assets into multiple quality videos with different bitrates. This ensures the delivery of content to devices with varying bandwidth and internet availability, resulting in smooth playback.
- Focused CDN Solution: Choosing a top-tier Content Delivery Network (CDN) provider significantly improves playability by minimizing or eliminating buffering issues across vast geographical areas.
Features to Consider in a Cloud Video Streaming Platform
An ideal cloud video platform should provide a comprehensive streaming service with diverse quality options and robust functionality. Therefore, it is essential to consider the following features when selecting a platform for successful video broadcasting:
- Cloud Transcoding: A reliable cloud video streaming solution should optimize videos for web hosting. Transcoding ensures that videos are ready for delivery on various end-user devices, streamlining the video streaming workflow.
- Video Content Management System: A comprehensive video content management system allows broadcasters to organize, manage, monetize, and share their content efficiently. This system maximizes the value of stored content on the cloud.
- Video Streaming CDN: An integral part of a video streaming server, a Content Delivery Network securely stores video content and distributes it through a global network of proxy servers. This ensures high availability and smooth delivery of content to viewers worldwide.
- Live Recording: While on-demand content is typically uploaded for constant availability, content aggregators may need to record live events for later viewing. Live recording should not significantly impact concurrent streams and should prioritize high-quality viewing experiences.
- Cloud Storage: With cloud-based video management, businesses can seamlessly expand their data storage capacity as they grow. Cloud storage integrates with new IT systems and is a prime feature of cloud-based video management solutions.
- Video Analytics: Video analytics enable businesses to understand how their content performs among their target audience. Metrics such as total views, average watch time, viewer demographics, and geographical distribution allow businesses to make informed decisions and stay competitive.
- Cloud Security: Video security is a driving force behind cloud adoption in the streaming market. Cloud providers offer security and data protection practices, alleviating concerns about unauthorised access and ensuring video content remains confidential.
- Video Player: An HTML5 video player ensures compatibility with various devices, enhancing the audience’s viewing experience. HTML players enable easy video embedding across platforms, preventing viewers from leaving a website and impacting SEO.
- Video Monetization: In addition to cost savings on streaming infrastructure, a robust platform should offer multiple monetization options. Revenue-generating models may include subscriptions, ad-based monetization, pay-per-view, catch-up TV, coupons and promotions, and video paywalls.
Cloud Video Streaming vs. On-Premise: 6 Considerations
In the past, the upfront and maintenance costs associated with on-premise setups posed challenges for mid-sized and large businesses due to budget constraints. However, cloud video streaming has removed these limitations, offering online alternatives for streaming endeavors.
Let’s compare the impact of investing in cloud video streaming against traditional on-premise setups:
- Scalable Investment: With live streaming platforms, there is no need to worry about server crashes or investing in additional equipment for unexpected scenarios. Resources can be easily scaled up to meet demand efficiently.
- Minimal Installation and Maintenance: Opting for a cloud-based video streaming service eliminates the complexities of installation and maintenance. Service providers typically have dedicated technical teams that handle configuration and broadcasting, relieving users of technical burdens.
- Compatibility with Other Software: Cloud streaming services can seamlessly integrate with various applications, allowing content to be streamed across multiple platforms and devices with just a few clicks. This compatibility enhances accessibility for viewers.
- Enhanced Security: Cloud video streaming platforms offer robust solutions for privacy and encryption. Content can be securely added to the platform without constant concern about unauthorized access. Both on-premise and cloud-based platforms prioritize the confidentiality and security of videos.
- Cost Savings: Cloud video streaming eliminates the need for substantial upfront investments and ongoing maintenance costs associated with on-premise setups. Cloud services provide a cost-effective alternative for businesses.
- Flexibility and Scalability: Cloud-based streaming platforms offer flexibility and scalability, allowing resources to be adjusted based on specific needs. This flexibility enables businesses to adapt quickly to changing demands and ensure optimal performance.
With numerous cloud-based streaming options available for content businesses, it is essential to evaluate individual requirements and weigh various factors when selecting a platform. Broadcasters, content providers, and professional streamers must consider their hosting needs and choose a suitable solution accordingly.